Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Wifi Ng Bayan  (Read 16081 times)
dlreyes

« on: April 25, 2006, 05:58:22 PM »

www.wifingbayan.com (http://www.wifingbayan.com)

"P900.00/mo.UNLIMITED BROADBAND INTERNET !!!

WiFi ng Bayan is dedicated to delivering broadband internet access and community services to your neighborhood. Our company provides quality high-speed Internet and other communications services at very affordable prices!

Call 631-1217 from 10am - 6pm, Monday to Friday or Email us at info@wifingbayan.com for more information.

* For VALLE VERDE inquiries. Please call 672-1016 or 671-7459. Calls will be entertained from 11am - 7pm Monday thru Friday."

They installed in my place last December... it's wireless connection similar to Meridian, Smart Wifi and PLDT DSL-W but with bursting speed...

They claim to have bursts of 2Mbps but I'm getting constant signals of 300 to 350 kbps upload and download speeds which is far better than PLDT's wired DSL of 384 kbps bursts but actually between 80 to 140 kbps constant speed (http://www.testmy.net).

Intitial cash outlay is Php 5,000 which includes a small antenna, 10 meters of cable and a Linksys WRT54G Broadband Router which serves as a modem.

At Php 900/month, it is by far one of the cheapest if not the cheapest broadband deployment... and it's wireless. It's only limitation is that it is only available in the Valle Verde and nearby areas as of the moment.

For present subscribers they give one month free subscription and the best thing here is that there is NO lockout period.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 05:59:26 PM by dlreyes » Logged

Pinoybadminton.com Issues and Comments... Click Here (http://dlreyes.blogspot.com)
kenneth03

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 09:03:04 PM »

You could also visit their website at http://wifingbayan.com (http://wifingbayan.com) For more info...
dlreyes

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 09:32:21 AM »

Their business model relies on investors in targeted areas called community patrons who take charge in marketing and formulating a contact list for them to tap.

Picture of the antenna they have installed... the reflector is around 10.5 inches in width and around 3.5 inches high.

I am not complaining about the speed so far... I am averaging around 320kbps constantly and have experienced up to 997 kbps burst though I have yet to experience the 2mbps they are claiming

Pinoybadminton.com Issues and Comments... Click Here (http://dlreyes.blogspot.com)
k0rnk1d

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 02:35:27 AM »

bat naman kasi kailangan pa magbayad ng $4,500 dollars ang community patron? ikaw na nga tumulong para magkaron sila ng subscribers tapos peperahan ka pa. magtatayo nlang ako ng sarili kong wifi samin 200k din yun e
Carl1919

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 07:30:22 PM »

bat naman kasi kailangan pa magbayad ng $4,500 dollars ang community patron? ikaw na nga tumulong para magkaron sila ng subscribers tapos peperahan ka pa. magtatayo nlang ako ng sarili kong wifi samin 200k din yun e
[snapback]2196[/snapback]

Hello,

I actually talked to the business development guy of Wifi ng Bayan regarding thier Community Patron Program and there is a business side to it. He said that if and when you invest $4,500 (around Php250,000.00) you will get 25% of total revenue from the node. Each node can accomodate 120 subscribers and has a radius coverage of 500m.  The role of the patron is more or less like a franchisee, wherein you will have your own ISP in a certain area but the only thing you have to do is market the product. They will do everything from surveys, installations and billing, all you have to do is to market the product to your neighbors. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me if you have the extra money to invest. According to their projections, ROI is from 8-17 months depending on how fast you market. Hope this helps.

ast

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 06:42:31 PM »

Hello,

I actually talked to the business development guy of Wifi ng Bayan regarding thier Community Patron Program and there is a business side to it. He said that if and when you invest $4,500 (around Php250,000.00) you will get 25% of total revenue from the node. Each node can accomodate 120 subscribers and has a radius coverage of 500m.  The role of the patron is more or less like a franchisee, wherein you will have your own ISP in a certain area but the only thing you have to do is market the product. They will do everything from surveys, installations and billing, all you have to do is to market the product to your neighbors. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me if you have the extra money to invest. According to their projections, ROI is from 8-17 months depending on how fast you market. Hope this helps.
[snapback]2205[/snapback]

pero how will you be able to monitor the number of subscribers connected to the node?

ROLLIE
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 08:12:07 AM »

pero how will you be able to monitor the number of subscribers connected to the node?
[snapback]2208[/snapback]

Better install your own node its cheaper, it cost me an access point, a pigtail, short length of 9913 couple of N connector and an omni antenna (8dbi or better) I have a handfull of subscriber and still keep's growing. Have installed 1 repeater site, soon 2 more repeater will be installed.
nubie

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 01:27:08 AM »

Their business model relies on investors in targeted areas called community patrons who take charge in marketing and formulating a contact list for them to tap.

Picture of the antenna they have installed... the reflector is around 10.5 inches in width and around 3.5 inches high.

I am not complaining about the speed so far... I am averaging around 320kbps constantly and have experienced up to 997 kbps burst though I have yet to experience the 2mbps they are claiming
[snapback]1864[/snapback]

maybe the 2mbps that they are claiming is the maximum speed for the whole node/community,thus, all subscribers of a certain community/node will have to  share the given bandwidth.  hope there's someone who can confirm or correct me  Smiley
pivotcap

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 01:18:28 PM »

If your here in palawan I will recommend you Palcom Internet Service. Astig to pare. We Experienced a speed burst of 1.7Mbps which is beyond the limit of the ISP. They offer just 1Mbps downstream, but then we had this speed. Its really amazing guys.
sutil

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 12:34:05 AM »

ano ba yun sobrang mahal naman nun tubong tubo sila nun heheheh eh samantalang kung may dsl ka na eh konting utak nalang kailangan mo at pera para makapagbigay ka ng mabilis at wireless internet sa iba simpleng simple pwede mo pang pagkaperahan sa paggamit lang ng katiting na utak hihihihi Grin
joefzlaurente

Long live pinoywifi.com

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 06:44:26 PM »

@pivotcap

Baka naman 1 Mbps pa yan dahil kunti palang client nyo sa PALCOM,,, baka naman kapag dumami na client nyo eh hati hati na sila sa 1 Mbps nyo....lol wakeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Huh

Z
symantek

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 09:30:17 AM »

www.wifingbayan.com (http://www.wifingbayan.com)

"P900.00/mo.UNLIMITED BROADBAND INTERNET !!!

WiFi ng Bayan is dedicated to delivering broadband internet access and community services to your neighborhood. Our company provides quality high-speed Internet and other communications services at very affordable prices!

Call 631-1217 from 10am - 6pm, Monday to Friday or Email us at info@wifingbayan.com for more information.

* For VALLE VERDE inquiries. Please call 672-1016 or 671-7459. Calls will be entertained from 11am - 7pm Monday thru Friday."

They installed in my place last December... it's wireless connection similar to Meridian, Smart Wifi and PLDT DSL-W but with bursting speed...

They claim to have bursts of 2Mbps but I'm getting constant signals of 300 to 350 kbps upload and download speeds which is far better than PLDT's wired DSL of 384 kbps bursts but actually between 80 to 140 kbps constant speed (http://www.testmy.net).

Intitial cash outlay is Php 5,000 which includes a small antenna, 10 meters of cable and a Linksys WRT54G Broadband Router which serves as a modem.

At Php 900/month, it is by far one of the cheapest if not the cheapest broadband deployment... and it's wireless. It's only limitation is that it is only available in the Valle Verde and nearby areas as of the moment.

For present subscribers they give one month free subscription and the best thing here is that there is NO lockout period.

mahal din pala ano...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 11:46:00 AM by symantek » Logged
sutil

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 11:31:46 PM »

baka nga hihihiihhiihihihhi Grin
ROLLIE
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 10:48:33 AM »

@sutil

gawa ka wifi ng lopez jaena. pasa ko sa yo dati ko customer dyan sa area mo.
sutil

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 04:32:57 AM »

ah ok sir magpapalit na naman ako dsl kinakapos na kc kami d2 sa smartbro lipat kami pldt walang ibang choice eh kulang nalang ako ng magandang antenna di ako magkaige sa mga experiment ko kailangan ko ng malakas na antenna
ROLLIE
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 08:21:40 AM »

kung ok sa yo, transfer mo na lang smart bro mo sa akin pag dsl ka na, demo ko yan sa school.
sutil

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 12:18:30 AM »

ok  pag naka pldt na kami  heheheheh  nababagalan ako sa smartbro kakapalit ko lang pc ko pero ang connection ko ang bagal hehehe Grin
sutil

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2007, 09:06:36 PM »

nakita ko sa net na gagawin na daw libre wifi ng bayan  Grin
ROLLIE
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 07:27:32 PM »

bakit ganun, hindi na mapuntahan yun URL, pinalitan na ba?
sutil

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 02:09:31 AM »

naku baka katulad yan ng mga scam hehehehe bigla nawawala  hehehehehehe joke lang  Grin
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: